Cement is the most important construction material which has made modern construction possible. It is majorly used in the construction world. The strength and durability of the structure are mainly dependent on strength of cement. The cost of cement is also more than other construction materials (Coarse aggregates, fine aggregates etc.) and it also affects your overall project cost.
There are numbers of manufacturer producing cement. Be aware before you buy cement bags because sometimes cement bags arriving on the site may be a duplicate. You have to check some basic standard specification before you buy it. The following information is normally printed on a standard cement bag, which may be taken note of at the time of purchasing or receiving cement bags: –
The following information is normally printed on a standard cement bag, which may be taken note of at the time of purchasing or receiving cement bags:
01. See the manufacturer’s name and his registered trade-mark
02. ISI mark should be printed on the cement bags in black colour. It conforms every requirement of the specifications.
03. The words ‘Ordinary Portland Cement, 53 Grade ’or‘Ordinary Portland Cement, 53-S Grade or Portland Pozzolana Cement whichever is applicable.
04. Net quantity of cement in kg i.e. 25 Kg, 50 Kg etc.
05. Brand of cement
06. Check the MRP (Maximum Retail Price) of Bag
07. The words ‘Use no Hooks’ or symbol
08. Batch/control unit number in terms of week,month and year of packing
09. Address of the manufacturer
10. Type and percentage of performance improver(s) added, in a case of addition of performance improvers.
11. Particular IS code number should be printed on the cement bags. i.e. if your cement bags are OPC 53 grade cement, “IS-12269-1987” should be printed on the cement bags and if your cement bags are Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC), “IS 1489-1991” should be printed on the cement bags.
Originally posted by Gharpedia