We are going to discus about 9 important points you should consider when you make reinforcement estimate. Estimation of steel reinforcement quantity is required for calculating cost of RCC structure along with other building materials as per construction drawing.
For perfect estimates for reinforcement, consider the following points :
1. For beam hook= (beam depth – both side covers)/2.
As for instance, if the depth of the beam is 450mm, then hook will be (450-50)/2=200, here cover for beam is considered as 25 mm
2. For stirrups the hook=4d in accordance with codes but as per site conditions it should be 50 mm per hook at the time of carrying out bar bending schedule.
3. For slab the rod, the crank length is l/5.
4. For beam, the bottom extra is at l/6.
5. For slab the top extra expands upto l/3.
6. For beam the top extra bar expands upto l/3.
7. The column capitals expand upto l/4.
8. Where l denotes actual length of the beam. It is considered as center to center of the beam.
9. The crank length is 1.41d, where d denotes depth of slab or beam – two side cover.