1. For beam hook= (beam depth-both side
for example if it is a 450mm depth beam then
hook is (450-50)/2=200
where cover for beam is taken as 25 mm
2. For stirrups the hook=4d as per is codes but
according to site conditions it is 50 mm per hook
while doing bar bending schedule.
3. For slab the rod the crank length is l/5.
4. For beam the bottom extra is at l/6.
5. For slab the top extra extends till upto l/3.
6. For beam the top extra bar extends till l/3.
7. The column capitals extends tilll/4.
8. Where l is effective length of the beam. It is
taken as center to center of the
9. The crank length is 1.41d, where d is (depth
of slab or beam- two side covers)