Reinforced concrete alias RCC is recognized as the most useful construction materials amid AEC sectors. It contains steel at its base and is enclosed by concrete. By combining these two materials, it becomes very strong and durable.
Now-a-days most of the buildingstructures are constructed withreinforced concrete.
Why RCC is different as compared to other construction materials:-
- The strength & longevity of RCC is very good as it is formed with both steel and concrete.
- RCC is extremely fire resistant as compared to other building materials and it is superior in tension.
- RCC can be easily casted into any required shape by keeping the structural strength and stability intact.
- The yield strength of RCC surpasses 100 times as compared to its tensile strength that results in yielding yield rigid members by least deflection.
- A reinforced concrete structure with walls, dams, piers and footings can be managed easily.
A RCC building structure consists of reinforced concrete slab design, Reinforced Concrete Beam design as well as design of several other components like columns, frames, and footing and RCC walls.
How reinforced concrete facilitates structural design: Once the architectural design is completed, a structural engineer starts his work for finding out the best fitting structural system to build up the structure on the basis of architectural design. After the erection of the building and setting up of other structural arrangements, there may exist various design issues which should be resolved through structural design capabilities.
Modeling and Detailing of Reinforced Concrete Structures: Some diversified toolset are applied for modeling and structural detailing of reinforced concrete. Various structural components are modeled which range from precast concrete, cast in place concrete and other special construction elements. By applying these tools, civil engineers and structural engineers get the ability to produce models with superior structural detailing and labeling.
The 3D models generated from structural detailing plans may involve interactive sections, smart symbols and marking as well as associative and dynamic dimension lines. As detailed information is embedded in the model, the engineers can test out clashes across the structural discipline inside and identify interdisciplinary clashes too.
A step by step explanation in this video:
Credits on this video: graphicsfriend